Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SUMMERTIME!!

Well, we are slow getting any pics of our family reunion/vacation on our blog. Our kids had notes and pics on their blogs days ago. What can we say....they must have more time that we do :~)

We did have a great time at our annual event. Getting everyone together once per year is a tough thing to do, but it sure makes for a fun time when it finally happens. Everyone was there except for Matt who has a new job and couldn't take time off.

We enjoyed all of the crazy/busy times, as well as the quiet moments where we just sat around the pool or fireplace and talked.

Perhaps it wasn't as much fun for Rochele since we were in her backyard and town, but we all enjoyed it. You should see Rochele's church. I wish I would have brought my camera....it sits in some hotsy totsy area of Laguna among the huge mansions. It has a seclusive courtyard for parties, a beautiful lobby and grand stairway that rivals a Ritz Carlton Hotel, and it also has an Elevator....yes, an Elevator. I didn't see the concierge desk, but I'm sure it was there somewhere. It was simply the most beautiful church I've ever seen...and I didn't have a camera, Argh!

While growing up, Summertime was the best time of year. School was out, warm air encouraged shorts, tee shirts, going barefoot, swimming, and just being carefree. That's what this getaway was for us. Kenny's song about Summertime just seemed to fit the slide show.

Cant wait for next year!!

2 comments:

Rochbug said...

Very cute video!!

Stacie said...

I loved the video! What cute pictures of a cute family! I had seen some of them on the kids' sites but not all of them! Looks like you guys had a great time!

**I love that song by Kenny too! (Kerby has gotten me sucked into SOME country!)