The past week has been filled with such strong emotions, feelings, thoughts, and reflections. We go through life so smug sometimes thinking that we have things together and know just what we are doing and where we are going. Then something meaningful comes along to provide us with the emphasis to make needed course corrections and perhaps reset our intenal compass to ensure we are where we want and need to be.
Memories mean so much more than meetings, Compassion so much more than appointments, Love so much more than promotions. I've been reminded this past week that the world will remember little of the things we do to earn a living, but our life's legacy will be considered and measured by how we loved those who surround us.
Life is sometimes too short and if we are not careful we end up letting fleeting but critical moments go by without doing what we can to lift someone who is down, lighten someone's burden that is heavy, support someone who needs strengthening, and care for someone who needs love.
Tomorrow is a chance to start again on that winding road that gives us experiences to learn from, opportunities to grow from, and situations to act upon. This past week has brought me a full palate of rich experiences that I hope to not soon forget. I hope the attached slide show will be of some benefit to those who were unable to attend Bill's funeral, but wanted to see a glimpse of the event.
4 comments:
okay, I'm crying. That was a really good slide show. You always do well, but this music really fit. Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about you and wondering. You summed up exactly how I felt after my brother in law's Ed's death. It is so strange, how we had this happen so close and we had to rush off in the night to go to the grieving family. Very strange and somehow it makes me feel less alone, and more understood. Sending hugs to you and Michelle. I started writing on my novel yesterday. I checked the date of the last time I had written. The day Ed was found dead. I had written that afternoon, we got the news that night and drove off and it has taken me this long to want to even think about writing.
Also another strange thing. After Heidi died I got obsessed with reading about the Holocaust. I mean I read and read and read tons of books. Then after September 11th I couldn't read them. I picked up three books this week and am reading them and finding comfort. I don't know why, but if anyone understands death it is those who survived the holocaust and somehow I find comfort reading about the deaths. I mean it horrifies me. But I don't feel so alone. They had to go through way worse than me. Does that make sense? I want to be with people who understand death and loss and suffering, and those who survived the holocaust, get it. They really do.
Okay. Your presentation and words really moved me. I hope Merlene is finding a way to grieve and to hang on. It's so hard!
Good job dad, it looked like a very neat viewing. Merlene had a smile on her face. I'm glad most of the family was able to go.
That's a really good slide show. It was very sad to see Uncle Bill go. You captured the services in a very memorable way. Thanks for posting this.
Cameron
So glad you had your camera. I love the song too. Nicely done.
Post a Comment