Saturday, October 30, 2010

If My Heart Had Wings


The last couple of months have just been a blur of sorts.  Travel from west coast to east coast each week, Pacific ocean to Atlantic ocean, Boston to San Diego.  Doesn't take long to realize one hotel isn't much different from another, one beach isn't much different from another, and one city really isn't much different from another (well I won't count Yuma in that because it really is different!).

In the end it just doesn't matter what hotel you stay in, what ocean you swim in, what beach you warm yourself on, or what city street you walk down.  What does matter are the people you do those very things with.  Without them, none of the other things would even matter.  Our life is preciously, a collection of experiences derived from those who have touched our lives, and whom we ourselves have been able to touch in return.  I know all too well what my life would be, without the gentle yet profound influence & affect so many of my family and friends have had on me.  I am too often constrained to spend hours working separate from those who mean most to me.  However, if this heart had wings, I know where it would spend every hour possible.
Pictures are good  for reminding us of where we have been on this little journey the last couple of months.

4 comments:

Kalynne said...

Oh I love it! Good reminder about what life is about-thanks. But you really could have kept the picture of me attacking your head out of the show-just sayin...

Rochbug said...

Another great video dad!! I wonder if your bishop or any bishop for that matter would allow you to use one of your great videos as a sacrament talk. If they asked me I would just say "why yes I have this great video" and all you would have to do is push play. You've always been good at this kind of stuff though, the slide shows you used to make at Christmas time were my favorite.

Laurie said...

I just noticed you had some new posts, I'd kinda given up on your blog :) The video's you make are so neat. Capture the moments! I really enjoyed them. Thanks.

Rochbug said...

So I'm thinking it's time you put some pictures of your new house on here.