

Ok, Travel has officially become out of control. Listen to the last 24 hours....
Earthquake hits LA, 2 hours later I'm landing at LAX for Budget meetings. Dinner overlooking the beach with other DM from the west, then work all evening on computer. Budget meetings start at 7:00am in the morning and go until noon. Race to airport, catch flight to Phoenix and drive home to have dinner with Michele (Guess who's plane was delaying everyone). Work on computer for an hour or so, then back to the airport to catch another flight from Phoenix to Las Vegas for meetings at Hospital early in morning. In Afternoon fly back to Phoenix and then drive out to Yuma for more meetings.
I told Michele that I am working out of my office all week next week if it kills me (well, except for one day I may have to go to Tucson).
I officially feel like a pack mule, just hauling computer and bags on my back from place to place. I know why they call them beasts of burdon. That prea
ty much explains me.Oh, a couple of weeks ago I had to go to Florida for some consultation with 3 hospitals surrounding Cape Canaveral. I flew in late on a Sunday night and didn't get to the hotel until about 1:30am. It was one of those hotels where you walk along an outside balcony to get to your room. I set my stuff down in the room and noticed there was a sliding door out the back. I opened the door to get some cool air and was scared to death as I heard this loud noise right outside my door. I turned on all the lights and what do you know, the ocean was steps from my room. There was a full moon and you could see up and down the coast. I left all my lights on for about an hour. When I got unpacked I noticed a large sign
that said, don't turn your lights on at night. Apparently there are Sea Turtles that lay eggs on the beach out my back door. If you leave the lights on, the Turtles are confused. Your see, after the turtle eggs hatch apparently the baby turtles follow the full moon light reflected off the ocean back into the water. If you leave your lights on, the baby turtles are confused and head for the hotel. Opps, Im guessing there are some very confused baby turtles due to my leaving the light on for a good portion of the night.I've attached some pictures of the beach outside my door, and if you look closly you can see the marking in the sand where the mother turtle drug herself up the beach just outside my room, did her thing, and then headed back out to sea. Hopefully I didn't do anything to reduce the turtle population of the Cape Canaveral area.
3 comments:
good gravy, you poor thing. Tanya said things in her place rattled and rolled but nothing broke. It's the most eerie thing, we lived through the big one in 1993. We had lots of broken jars and picture frames and a few cracks in our ceiling. But the feel of it, like riding a huge ocean wave on the ground. Never to be forgotten!
I hope you and I both have quiet weeks at home next week. I need it badly and you sound like you could use it too!
You take really great pictures. I'm sure you did mess with the populaion of sea turtles, but just think you had a lady turtle doing her business outside your door and you didn't even know it. Did you go down to the ocean that night? Oh by the way I love the airplane, NOT!
Wow! You ARE busy! My sister in Huntington Beach felt the quake too! Scary stuff!!
Well--you can use all those airline miles and hotel points to get away--if you ever get time to get away! :)
Post a Comment