The rains finally came to Phoenix the last couple of weeks. It's been a dry few months, but the break in the weather is long looked for down here. It's kind of like how excited everyone get's for the 1st snowfall up north, same thing here with the rain. There are radio contests for when the 1st inch of rain will fall, and everyone goes outside to watch it as soon as it comes.
One of the nice benefits of the rain, is what happens to the Desert Plants. For months they just kind of exist in a dormant state, and then when the rain comes....whoaza, blossoms come out big time. It' s kind of like our 2nd spring.
Anyway, I've attached a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about. See the clouds in the sky, when you see those in Phoenix you know the afternoon will be wet again. Oh, and if you look closely at the picture looking out our backyard with the dark grey clouds, on the corner of our block wall is a lizard that set up home in our yard. I guess the fence is his kingly perch. One last thing...someone asked if these pics were taken on different days, Nope they were all taken on the same afternoon (7/21/08). The only bad part...my pool skimmer is clogging up with blossoms. Yup, never can be happy.
3 comments:
Your pictures look great, and your backyard is very pretty. I think I should come see them in person though. Love you
Oh how I miss the monsoon season from Tucson!! It was such a great break from the heat! I love it when it rains and the smell afterward! And of course all the greenery and flowers that sprout from so much downfall!! You are lucky! We just have the heat here--and wind!
I didn't see the last two pictues, did you just post them? The very last picture is very cool, is it at sunset? It kind of looks like a sand storm. That would make a nice desktop background picture. Have you ever considered sending your pictures into the news station or somewhere they could post them. Think about it your a good photographer.
Post a Comment