Michele and I went to Fruitland New Mexico last weekend to see Tiffany and Brad bless their baby. On the way back, we passed through Winslow Arizona. We had been wanting to go take our picuture standing on a corner (ya know the old Eagles song....Well I've been standin on a corner in Winslow Arizona...) and now we would get our chance. Who knew there would be a sign and statue right on the corner of the town! They even put a Flatbed Ford right there (It's a girl my Lord, in a flat bed Ford, slowin down to take a look at me) so you can take your picture with it. Just for the perfect ambiance, they have Eagles music playing over the PA system to ensure everyone is in the mood. We didn't know this was such a tourist thing. We were thinking we were the only fools who would even do this, and then when we got to Winslow, there was a huge tourist bus full of people all waiting in line to take the exact same picture....go figure.
We are either easily entertained in our life, or we have no life at all...Not sure which one yet.
The day finally ended with us driving on into another beautuful Arizona sunset.
6 comments:
Wow I didn't even know this place exsisted. Did you listen to the Eagles the rest of the way home?
I didn't realize that Winslow could be so exciting!! We've never been there--yet! ;)
Well I've been waiting for another post. This was entertaining. Kinda funny. Yeah for roadtrips!
God bless the Eagles, Winslow AZ, and Rock for his magical gift of mixing photos with good music!
also nice Dr. Seuss quote. Hmmm. I wonder where Rock found that?????
How fun. And I can't help but think Rock looks a little like the statue? I wish I lived in the warm state. It's pretty here, but it's bound to get cold, fast.
Hope to see you soon,
Post a Comment